Monday, February 15, 2010

In the midst of a whirlwind

It's 11:56 and I should be sleeping soundly, in fact I should have been in bed two hours ago, in fact I'm really tired. So why am I sitting in the living room typing out a blog post, writing emails, and watching a little Olympic coverage? That's a good question.

Perhaps a little background would be helpful. My last post was written from the Jensen's living room in Arusha, Tanzania. Since then I've flown over 10,000 miles over about 32 hours, about half of that with Julia. I arrived to the remnants of a devastating ice storm, which left much of the state of Oklahoma powerless for many days.

My days have been spent preparing for a wedding, cleaning up after the storm, preparing for sermons and class, spending quality time with my fiancée, and catching up with my family.

So perhaps that is why I'm spending a few hours late at night by myself. When you're in the midst of a whirlwind you really have no perspective. Sometimes, even if it costs you a little sleep, you need to extricate yourself from the whirlwind, if for just a few hours, take a look, and enjoy where you are.

1 comment: