Friday, May 14, 2010

One Year

If you read Julia's post yesterday you know that she mentioned the fact that one year ago yesterday, the 13th, was the day that I first sent her a message. Well the 14th, was the day she responded. I share Julia's dislike of the teeny instant update, or the mushy "my stuff is important enough that everyone should care" posts, but I just want to acknowledge this day with brief mention. If you don't like it feel free to stop reading here, but be assured, I'll not do this often.

That first message was a difficult one to send, "what do I say without sounding like an idiot?" kind of difficult. Our conversation for the first couple of months was nothing spectacular. In fact most messages were brief, with many days and sometimes weeks in between. But I knew there was something pretty special about that young lady, and I wanted to keep talking. With a little prodding (from a loving mother :)), and some wonderful providence, here we are, one year later, and still talking :).

Thank you, Jewels, for seeing something, (though I'm not sure what) that caused you to answer my strange little "out of nowhere" message. Thank you for making this past year a most magnificent and wonderful one. You've said "yes" several times in meaningful situations and to meaningful questions over this past year. You said "yes" to meeting me, and "yes" to continuing to talk, and "yes" for a trip to Africa, and of course, "yes" to the "Big One". But the first "yes" came in the form of a short little message, on a Bible study forum, one year ago today. Thank you for saying "yes".

1 comment:

  1. You are too sweet. I pray that I'll be able to say yes for years and years to come.

    (and you're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete