However I have a confession to make, I broke my rule today. Well I followed my rule initially, but then I failed miserably. I really had a hard time thinking of an entry today. So I wrote some moderately humorous story about nothing in particular, but I didn't like it from the moment I hit the "publish post" button. I went about the rest of my day thinking about it, then I edited it, then I edited it again. Finally I just pulled the blog. After all I have high standards here. Those who don't cut it get tossed. :)
So now here I am filling space and confessing to an ill-fated blog post. I guess not every day can be an award winning entry. The important thing in my mind is to write and share. If I do that, then I feel I am helping myself and perhaps helping those who read this in whatever way that might be.
The weathermen say winter weather is coming; well I guess we have put it off long enough. December is here, and making her presence known. So I'll be gathering 'round the fire with my family a little more. Drinking a little more hot chocolate, and sleeping with an extra blanket or two.
Quite a few thoughts fill my head tonight at the close of this the last day of November, but just nothing seemed to fit for this blog. So, when nothing seems to fit, just write. However allow me to end with something that always fits in every place on every occasion; love.
Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, love never fails - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8b (NASB)
No comments:
Post a Comment