(Short post today. Time flew by and it is now past my bedtime late.)
I have often been amazed at a song's ability to bring back a certain memory or two. Songs do that perhaps better than anything else. I once remarked that the true value of a song can only be judged by each individual, and only once time has passed. You see a truly valuable song is one that elicits some strong reactions from the listener. And those reactions can last in one's memory for a long time.
I can still recall riding in a friend's truck listening to music. I remember the conversation we had; down to the minute we had it. Occasionally when I hear that song come on the radio, it will bring that memory flooding back.
I still remember the feelings I had when I first truly realized the meaning of "The Old Rugged Cross". You see some things never leave you, songs stick around. And I think that God had that in mind when he set this world in motion. Consider the blessing of worshiping God through song. Songs have an element of teaching, an element of encouragement, an element of emotion, and the benefit of memory.
Songs have the ability to reach us when just words don't. Songs break through, reach in, and tug at the heart. They pierce through the haze of stress that clouds our mind. They can take us back, and can remind us of what is truly important. They can pick you up when you feel down, and build you up when you feel broken. But most importantly we can praise our God in song. He enjoys our puny little voices when they are amplified by our hearts. Don't forget the importance of a small little melody.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment