There we were about to take the stage. She was in a nice dress, I in my tuxedo. We were backstage about to walk out in front of a sold-out crowd. Her name was Angie. She was the cutest girl in town and I was about to escort her in front of hundreds of people. She was the Watermelon Queen, Rush Springs' attempt at some sort of a beauty pageant. I was set to present her to the town for the last time as the Watermelon Queen; a new one was to be crowned that night.
Ten minutes ago I had thought that this was a terrible idea. But that was ten minutes ago, now I thought it was a great idea. She had just told me that I looked cute. Cute! My tang was toungled. "You...you...loo...look...thank you," was all I could get out. She was the most popular girl in town and she just told me I looked cute! My life was complete. If only I could get a word out.
I gave her my arm and we walked out on stage. I was the envy of all the guys. I was starting to think that this was the best idea ever.
Angie went on to get married to someone obviously not me, and I guess I couldn't blame her. She was a senior that night, and I still had 8 years till I would be able to drive. But for an 8 year old that was a pretty good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment