Monday, December 7, 2009

Understanding

I see that I am falling down on my blogging responsibilities. Wait, did I just use the phrase "blogging responsibilities"? Uh-oh, I think I just crossed the line. Perhaps it would be better put, "I am not exactly meeting my blogging expectations". Yes, that is much more pleasing to read than that dreaded responsibility word. Can you even use the "r" word in relation to blogging? Are there any responsibilities here, or is this just a care-free smile all the way online journal? I guess perhaps I should have answered those questions a while back. I did make a commitment to myself and others to actually put a little effort in, so perhaps I do have some responsibilities here.

Well, now you have an idea of what my thought process is like. I just put it down for you all to read. Perhaps you will understand why I have missed a day or two. Or why the writing is up and down. I just write what I think, and write how I feel. There is nothing simpler than that. Understanding is good. It allows us to relate, and it allows us to get closer.

Today I did a poor job of understanding one person. A person whom I should understand. It caused me to react in a way that I wish I hadn't reacted, not in anger, but in frustration. Did I have a right to be frustrated? Well does anyone really have a RIGHT to such a feeling? I don't know, but I do know that while someone outside the situation might have felt frustrated, and understandably so, I should have known better. So I'll try to be more understanding in the future. I think we all would do well to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment